Improve efficiency & availability
of it resources
Improve the efficiency and availability of IT resources and applications through virtualisation. Start by eliminating the old “one server, one application” model and run multiple virtual machines on each physical machine. Free your IT administrators from spending so much time managing servers rather than innovating. About 70% of a typical IT budget in a non-virtualised datacentre goes towards just maintaining the existing infrastructure, with little left for innovation.
An automated datacentre built on the production-proven VMware virtualisation platform lets you respond to market dynamics faster and more efficiently than ever before. VMware vSphere delivers resources, applications—even servers—when and where they’re needed. VMware customers typically save 50-70% on overall IT costs by consolidating their resource pools and delivering highly available machines with VMware vSphere.
- Run multiple operating systems on a single computer including Windows, Linux and more.
- Reduce capital costs by increasing energy efficiency and requiring less hardware while increasing your server to admin ratio
- Ensure your enterprise applications perform with the highest availability and performance
- Build up business continuity through improved disaster recovery solutions and deliver high availability throughout the datacentre
- Improve enterprise desktop management & control with faster deployment of desktops and fewer support calls due to application conflicts
IBM is VMware’s largest systems integration partner and one of its largest original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partners. Organisations can therefore be comfortable in the knowledge that they are implementing a tried and tested solution into their environment.